For updates please take a look at our Meetup page.
- The next meetup will take place on 9 September, most likely at the same venue as always just with some talks and possibly lighting talks. We still have to do some advertising for that :-)
- Amazon has released a website for the PartiQL language, which aims to enhance SQL with support for semistructured and nested data.
- There is going to be a Rust meetup on 28 August at Lab10!
- The people behing Traefik announced a new Go interpreter called Yaegi.
Mostly not tech-related notes
- Revolut seems to offer transactions at interbank-rates.
- Klarna offers things like down payments, credit checks etc. It’s platform is built on top of Erlang. (How they are dealing with GDPR-requirements for credit rating checks is a different topic…)
- Post.at, Google, and Amazon as large-scale data collectors
- Talk by Kartharina Nocun about here experience with Amazon
- Recently, there has been a similar video on HackerNews about Google. @Dorian: Can you perhaps remember its name?
- Influence of large corporations and propaganda in general on the
- Do only large players benefit from data analysis?
This page supports Webmentions. Please note that they are moderated and don't show up right away.