Welcome to the February edition of GoGraz! This month Sameer Oak is going to give a talk about a data caching framework he’s been working on!
Afterwards we’ll have the usual discussion round and a quick review of what happened since the last meetup.
Talk: Data cache library (Sameer)
- The code is available on https://github.com/sameeroak1110/datacache.
- Originally developed for C/C++ but then ported to Go many years ago.
- Things like persistance loading/storing operations are pluggable using function types.
- 2 locks: One for the whole store and one for a single record.
- There can be multiple cache-keys be pointing at the same record in the cache. Each record also references those keys.
- Objects returned from the cache with the same key are the same object which allows for direct locking of such shared state.
- The Go Developers Network has also lots of other meetups happening within the next couple of days! Make sure to take a look at them at https://www.meetup.com/pro/go!
- Go 1.18 has a new debug/buildinfo functionality which can be accessed also using
go version -m!
- Linuxtage Graz is still looking for talks! Submit yours!
- GopherCon India might happen around December somehow! Let’s see!
- Wails is a frontend toolbox for Go.
If you want to give a talk or just have an idea for a talk you'd like to hear/see, please take a look at our PING! repository!
This page supports Webmentions. Please note that they are moderated and don't show up right away.